Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hypertext

Price and Price have very set ideas that online writing and writing for books and print media are two very different things. As they said the writing in print on pages is 2500 pixels where on screen, which is much harder, to read is only 75.  When writing in print and on the computer people find that the more trusty worthy writing (according to Price and Price) is in print. They say that anyone can write on the Internet but there are less people who have the ability to get published.

I had no idea what hypertext was until I read about it in Bolter. Hypertext is the highlighted text within text on the web that someone can click to get to a related link. I think that Wikipedia has to be one of the best examples of the hypertext that Bolter is discussing in this chapter. “Writing as we think” is what hypertext allows us to do, when we are writing down a thought and don’t explain the original thought it is then, that hyper text has the ability to swoop in and make our thinking full. I mean full as in we will be able to understand concepts fully.

I personally am a very linear thinking and once I get on a track I need to stick to it, this is why hypertext and linking is an increasingly desirable tool. The adaption of hypertext into all forms of writing offer an increased understanding of concepts that can be linked. Above the highlighted words are examples of hypertext. I find that when I learn new things I have to practice to fully understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment