Wednesday, January 5, 2011

My First Post




First off I wanted to introduce myself: 
My name is Laura, I am a forth year student at the University of Western Ontario. I am taking a major in Media, Information, and Technoculture (technology culture), and a minor in writing. 
The purpose for me to write this blog is because it is a requirement for the course that I am taking called URL: Writing for the Web
I've decided to do a blog rather than a private journal because I feel that if I am taking a course about writing for the web, that I should start writing on the web rather than keeping it private. I don't want to divulge my whole life on the Internet, but a glimpse into my life isn't something I am opposed to.
As for my style choice, red happens to be my favorite colour. I enjoy having something look simple, and have the words be the thing that jumps off the page. I took a blogging class in my second year of university that taught me how to write for blogs, and how to design a blog to attract people, and I know that I will need to add more photos and interesting things through out the process of my blogging semester. My font style is georgia because for some reason I find it to be easy to read since reading off a computer screen is hard enough to deal with. 
I look forward to posting more during the semester. Talk to you soon. 


LD

No comments:

Post a Comment